Back to Careers
Why Work at Dover Motion?
At Dover Motion, we constantly strive to provide an engaging place to work for our employees. Our culture is built upon continuous improvement, which shows in every aspect of what we do, and our strategy is guided by our core values. As part of Fortive Corporation, we follow the Fortive Business System, or FBS. FBS guides what we do, measures how well we execute, and creates options for doing better in every aspect of our culture and performance.
We know that our people make up the most essential element of our culture. Our employees influence every aspect of our business—from leading teams and finding solutions to critical problems, to continuously improving our processes. We expect every one of our
employees to act with integrity and conduct business honestly and fairly.
Growth & Development
At Dover Motion and at Fortive Corporation as a whole, opportunities for career development are abundant. We strive to create opportunities for our associates through stretch assignments, objectives, and development plans that are put in place each year.
As a means to track your development and where you want to be in your career both short and long-term, we utilize a Fortive-wide Career Portal. This portal is a central place to track and update not only your development plans but also your associate profile, which includes information pertaining to your career history, career goals, relocation preferences, and overall satisfaction. Maintaining this profile allows insight into possible career opportunities for you not only within Dover Motion, but also within Fortive Corporation and across the globe.
Dover Motion provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Dover Motion complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Dover Motion expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Dover Motion’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Core Values
We build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results
We are a team dedicated tackling the world’s most critical challenges.
- We seek out talented, curious people with a passion for better.
- We invest in our people, providing unlimited opportunities for personal learning and growth.
- We pursue continuous development to accelerate progress for ourselves and our customers.
- We work together to win together.
Customer success inspires our innovation
Our goal is progress, in the form of essential technology that makes the world stronger, safer and better.
- We apply creativity and rigor to breakthrough products, services and processes.
- We’re there for our customers in the decisive moments, when precision and expertise are crucial.
- We dream, develop, and deliver innovation to strengthen businesses and deepen learning.
Kaizen is our way of life
Kaizen, or continuous improvement, is the foundation of our culture and fuels our passion for finding a better way.
- We are always driven to do better, pushing to rethink the status quo and competing on behalf of our customers for what’s next.
- Through our commitment to improvement and our bias for action, we combine the strength of an established company with the agile, inquisitive mindset of innovators.
- Our robust Fortive Business System (FBS) toolset continuously drives superior results for our customers, inspires new innovation and propels development and training.
We compete for shareholders
We deliver essential technologies to solve the world’s most critical challenges and outperform the market.
- We respond decisively to market demands and have a track record of success.
- We fuel our future through effective, disciplined internal and external capital deployment.
- We build our businesses to attract and retain long-term shareholders and employees.
- Our rigorous application of kaizenand FBS is our ultimate competitive advantage.