Motorized Linear Stage – OFL
The OFL™ series motorized linear stage provides increased travel and load bearing capacity in an open aperture XY configuration. These motorized stages address a wide range of precision positioning applications which require mechanical or optical, two-sided access.
Description of the OFL Motorized Linear Stage
The OFL™ series of motorized linear slides employs individually preloaded ball way construction and avoids the difficulties inherent in establishing a preload across the table’s open plates. This design also places the lower axis motor on the base plate to remain stationary while the upper axis motor moves in only one direction.
The aperture sizes available range from 240 to 675 millimeters with a total unobstructed area of 42-by-42 millimeters. Side-mounted lead screws with anti-backlash friction nuts are driven by 23-frame motors. The OFL™ motorized XY stage has a larger frame size motor with more torque compared to the XYMR™ and OFS™ series.
Applications for a Motorized Linear Stage
The OFL™ motorized transition stage supports applications which include pin insertion, vision systems, optical gauging and inspection, water jet cutting, and biomedical assays.
- Clear aperture for two-sided access
- Large 42 millimeter unobstructed opening
|Travel (in)||8 x 8||12 x 12||14 x 14||20 x 20||25 x 25|
|Accuracy (μm TIR)||80||120||140||200||250|
|Bi-directional Repeatability (± μm)||3||3||3||3||3|
|Load Capacity (kg)||55||75||90||90||80|
|Flatness & Straightness (μm TIR)||15||30||50||70||135|
|Total Mass (kg)||27||35||38||49||58|
- Motor options available: stepper or servo motors
- Feedback options available: rotary encoder, linear encoder with analog or digital (1 um or 0.1 um resolution are standard, other resolutions available upon request)
- Download the datasheet for this linear motion stage for additional technical details