Ball Screw Linear Stage – FM™
The Dover FM™ series ball screw linear stage is ideal for applications requiring low angular errors, high stiffness, and high speeds. This stage utilizes precision-ground mounting surfaces and crossed roller guideways to achieve exceptionally low angular errors and high stiffness.
The center-driven ball screw design of the FM™ series ball screw linear stage allows for speeds up to 500 millimeters per second while remaining compact at only 3 inches high. The inherent symmetry of its center-driven ball screw design avoids offset torques that can be created by side-driven stages.
The precision-ground ball screw of the FM™ is preloaded to provide backlash-free operation, and several ball screw leads are available to match your application’s requirements. A way cover is mounted above the length of the ball screw to provide pinch point protection and to eliminate safety concerns. Convenient ball screw access makes servicing easy. Both the linear and rotary bearings are larger than that of the Dover LMB™ series in order to provide increased stiffness and load capacity.
The FM™ series ball screw linear stage is an ideal choice for:
- Automation and inspection systems
- Laser machining
- Vertical lift applications
- Stepping or brushless servomotor with coupling
- Rear knob for fine manual control
- Hall-effect limit sensors
- Locking motor and limit/encoder connectors with strain-relieved cables
- High speeds and accelerations, with center-driven ball screw design
- Stiff, backlash-free, precision-ground ball screw
- Pinch point protection
- Low angular errors
- Stiff crossed roller bearings
|Accuracy (μm TIR) Linear Encoders||5||6||8||10||10||6|
|Accuracy (μm TIR) Open Loop||8||12||16||20||24||30|
|Bi-directional Repeatability (± μm)||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Load Capacity (kg)||70||80||90||90||115||120|
|Flatness & Straightness (μm TIR)||4||6||8||10||12||14|
|Total Mass (kg)||6.4||8.2||10||11.8||13.6||15.9|
Feedback options include both rotary and linear encoders, with the latter providing a significant increase in accuracy. For vertical applications, a motor-mounted, power-off brake is available to provide fail-safe operation in the event of a loss of power.
- Motor options available: stepper or servo motors
- Feedback options available: rotary encoder or linear encoder with analog or digital
- 1-micrometer or 0.1-micrometer resolution are standard, other resolutions available upon request