Precision Motion Control – AKD™
The recommended precision motion control for use with Dover servo motor stages is the Kollmorgen AKD™ servo drive.
Dover precision motion servo control options include the AKD™ drive as well as 24 VDC power supply, 24 VDC power cables connecting the supply to the drives, and AC power cords for the power supply and drive(s) integrated together. Precision motion servo control systems can be tested with the motion stages prior to shipment to ensure correct configuration and operation and to minimize the customer’s power-up time.
Applications for Precision Motion Control
A semiconductor OEM required a 3 axis complete XYZ motion system. SAS™ stages were used for the XY axes and the Dover ZE™ stage was mounted on top. AKD™ drives were provided with all necessary power supplies and cabling which allowed the OEM to quickly test and ship their system to the end user.
Design Features of the AKD Servo Control System
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) for setup and programming
- Real-time performance feedback
- SIL-qualified, over-voltage, current, and temperature detection provided for added dependability
- Multi-axis machine control capability through optional cards that increase available I/O and add NVRAM and processing power
- AKD™ can be embedded with Kollmorgen’s innovative Automation Suite for high-performance single- and multi-axis systems. Kollmorgen Automation Suite (KAS) offers full IEC 61131-3 machine control with tightly integrated motion control capabilities, as well as an exclusive Pipe Network™ programming environment.
- Ethernet communication
- Multiple drives can be connected together
- Small package size (168 x 57 x 153 millimeters, or 6.61 x 2.24 x 6.02 inches)
- Multiple bus choices for system optimization, including EtherCAT®, SynqNet®, Modbus/TCP, and CANopen®
- Programming options include Motion Tasking, BASIC, and Pipe Network (must be specified at time of order)